Saskia Marijke Niehorster-Cook's Reviews > City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Dec 24, 11

bookshelves: young-adult
Read in December, 2011

Second in the series of the Mortal Instruments. This book is also full of interesting twists in the plot and smart conversations. The plot thickens and Valentine, the main bad guy steals the second Mortal Instrument and begins to consort with the Demons from other worlds while leaving a wake of chaos behind. The friendship between the new generation of shadowhunters also grows a bit and becomes stronger in bond. The sexual tension of the teenage world can be felt but nothing too explicit takes place. Some answers come to light while other questions surface, including what is it that Valentine did to his two children, what does the scar on Jace signify? What does the blood of the Angel do to those who have it in their system. I can tell you that I am already pining to read the third one in this series!

Quotes I liked:

(pg46):Clary looked at Jace closely, trying to read his face. It was like a book written in a foreign language she studied all too briefly.

(pg152)"Why not?" The other girl demanded."Honestly, Clary, if you do not start utilizing a bit of your natural feminine superiority, I just don't know what I will do with you..."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ashes.