Chanelle's Reviews > What Happens Next

What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton

Mar 18, 12

bookshelves: great-read, arc-review, out-now
Read from March 17 to 18, 2012

I need to stop reading books that force me to be human because I'm sitting here crying my eyes out right now!

What Happens Next is about one girl's struggle to deal with a horrific incident. It's about lots of firsts, lots of lasts, and lots of growing up. It's beautiful, it's sad, it's funny and lovely all at the same time. And it's written wonderfully.

It centres around Sid (Cassidy Murphy), a girl with big boobs and a big ass. A girl who is a cheerleader despite the stereotype, has a 3.7 GPA, two great friends and a dark secret. There were times I wanted to hit Sid. When I begged, out loud, for her to SAY SOMETHING. But I know it's not always possible, and most of the time I wanted to hold the girl and make sure she was okay.

There's a cute, and well developed romance. Corey is everything Sid thought she would hate. But everything she thought she knew about him is wrong, and actually, Corey is one of the best Love Interests I've read about in a long time. He is so sweet. So romantic and caring. And so right for Sid. Watching their romance unfold was great to read about.

This was quite a long book but it went by quickly. I devoured it within hours. Couldn't put it down and now I probably won't be able to wake up in the morning! But it's so worth it. To be in Sid's world for a day was a gift and an eye opener. This really was a great book.

I recommend to those who like a good contemporary filled with heart-ache, promise, first kisses, friendship and love. 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happens Next.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Rachele (new) - added it

Rachele Alpine Didn't you just love the book? I saw your review before I read it, and it made me even more excited to read it! :)

Chanelle Oh most definitely!! It really pulled at my heart.