Katie's Reviews > Daughter of Twin Oaks

Daughter of Twin Oaks by Lauraine Snelling

Dec 24, 2011

bookshelves: contentment-reading-challenge, favorites
Read from December 24 to 27, 2011 — I own a copy

I read this book a while back and loved it then. So when I saw that it was getting reprinted, I knew I had to get them to add to my library of books. After finishing this first book in the Secret Refuge series, it still remains one of my favorite historicals of all time. I am a BIG lover of history and, more specifically, the War Between the States, and for such a controversy war, Lauraine handles it well.

While both the main characters in Daughter of Twin Oaks -- Jesselynn and Louisa -- have their father and brothers fighting for the Confederacy, Lauraine gives the gritty facts of that war between brothers and shows how, for many people, it didn't matter what uniform they wore. Jesselynn tries to keep her pure-breed horses out of the hands of both armies--North and South--and Louisa is desperate to give aid to any wounded man in uniform--blue or gray.

As I said, after rereading this book, it still remains my favorite book on the War Between the States. I am already diving into the next book in the series, Sisters of the Confederacy!

Full Review to come.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of Twin Oaks.

12/24/2011 page 38
11.34% "A reread. Loved this the first time through...and lovin' it again!"
12/26/2011 page 213
64.0% "This has got to be one of my favorite historicals of all time. I am a BIG lover of the War Between the States, and for such a controversy war, Lauraine handles it well, giving the gritty facts of that war between brothers."