oceana's Reviews > Angelfall

Angelfall by Susan Ee

U_50x66
Dec 01, 12

bookshelves: e-books, favorites, owned, paranormal-romance-fiction, young-adult, five-stars, contains-boyfriend, girl-crushes
Read from January 01 to 02, 2012 — I own a copy

To be re-reviewed, since this review is embarrassingly shitty.

I had only two complaints about Angelfall:

1. The ending. I just about died.

2. I bought it on my Nook, and apparently wonderful Barnes and Noble did something funky to it. It kept on repeating the chapter when Penryn is in the apartment with Dee-Dum and the servant woman. I almost had a cardiac arrest because I thought I wouldn't be able to read it. Damn you, Barnes and Noble.

In other words: ANGELFALL was everything you could possibly get from ANY paranormal novel. It was just . . . just . . . goddamn amazing. It left me screaming for more and jumping around on my bed like a mad woman.

You know it's good when I was almost as excited as attending that Coldplay concert in June. Because I am OBSESSED with Coldplay.

UPDATE: So, I've attended that Coldplay concert. Sorry, Angelfall. I apologize to those of you who have liked my review. I loved the Coldplay concert more than ANGELFALL, or any book for that matter. It changed my life, and turned my badass dad into a squealing fanboy.

It was so good, no doubt one of my favorite angel reads.

I know this is all going to be completely repeated because I caught nothing every other reader did, but seriously, here's what I think.

Not only are angels heartless, cruel, selfish destroyers with absolutely no reason to turn Earth into a shadow of its former self - but Penryn, the main character, is a total kick-ass, strong teen with real character. And Raffe is a hot - really hot - badass. I was pretty much swooning whenever he made an appearance. Forget Patch. Forget Daniel or Dan whatever the his (various) names were. They are NOTHING compared to Raffe, who is totally hilarious, mysterious, and misunderstood. He is a total hottie with wings.

Speaking of wings! Not only are the angels . . . well, angels of color (does that make sense?) but they also have different wing colors! Tiger stripes! Wicked. Not just black-is-evil-and-white-is-pure crap.

The book isn't wholly romance. It was definitely nice change, whereas nowadays the girl meets the boy and the next day they're making out... or even in four days... the most now is like seven days...

It was more about survival, and then friendship, while falling in love as a side thing. But never has survival been so adventurous and amazing. They kiss only once (view spoiler).

And I got this for .99 cents. Wow. Can I tell you a story? I bought FALLEN for $20. It was an AWFUL, PLAIN DOWNRIGHT HORRIBLE book with dull characters and a UNORIGINAL plot that could have been better. The only part that I don't regret buying is that yummy cover. Anyway, I got Angelfall for ninety-nine cents.

Buy it. Get it. Read it. Sleep with it (no, no!! Just sleep NEXT to it, you pervs). RELISH in it. It is a stunning book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfall.

01/02/2012 page 255
100.0% "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOO NOO THE ENDING AHHHH TO LONG TO WAIT CLUFFHANGER NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! *disolves into sobs*"

Comments (showing 1-14)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 14: by oceana (last edited Jan 02, 2012 05:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

oceana Jillian -always aspiring- wrote: "Ha, I love reading the gush- and GIF-filled reviews this book somehow always manages to incite. :)

Glad you loved it, Sabrina. (Now, how are we going to survive waiting for the sequel, which will ..."

<3 Lol. Hmm . . . I dunno . . . I think I'll read a few couple thousand books to try to distract myself, bash on Bella and Ever some more, and try to think about Angel Fire (which my Barnes and Noble hasn't leaked yet. -.- IT'S ONLY MINE.) before I explode. :P

I'm hoping to see some more Raffe + Penryn in the next book. =)

Limonessa This is definitely the best review I've read for this book so far. Parents included.

oceana Lisa O. wrote: "This is definitely the best review I've read for this book so far. Parents included."

Awwww, thanks. :D I'm not know for my reviews. xD. I'm not really good at them; I only have a couple.

message 11: by Dija (last edited Jan 04, 2012 05:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija I agree with Lisa, Sabrina. This is a brilliant review! Great job! :D

oceana Dija wrote: "I agree with Lisa, Sabrina. This is a brilliant review! Great job! :D"

*serious blushing* Thank you! =)

message 9: by Devlin (new)

Devlin Scott Well, Sabrina, your review convinced me to buy it for my kindle. :) I'll let you know if this version also repeats chapters.

oceana Devlin wrote: "Well, Sabrina, your review convinced me to buy it for my kindle. :) I'll let you know if this version also repeats chapters."

<3 Yay! *claps* I can only cross my fingers and hope you won't regret your 99 cents. B&N still hasn't emailed me back. -.- I'm getting pissed. I hope yours doesn't. If it does, maybe it's just the book and maybe I can email Ms. Ee or something.

message 7: by Devlin (last edited Jan 04, 2012 03:40PM) (new)

Devlin Scott I won't be reading it just yet, I have a few other books on my table demanding attention (I'm sure you understand), tell me which chapter is the repeated one and I will check it now and share the info with you. :)

oceana Of course; let me just have dinner and then I'll check. =) Thanks!

I have 7 unread 99 cent books on my Nook right now - I understand COMPLETELY, lol.

Logan Wow, multicultural, or what? I started reading the review and your mom started speaking Spanish and I was like, "Whuuuuuuut?" Then your dad started to speak French and my head exploded.

Anyway, I would just like to say the summary caught my attention but your review is what really made me think, "I need to read this!"

oceana LOL, yes, I speak 3 languages.

Thank you!

message 3: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina Wilder You are my hero!

I HAVE to read this book.

Lena Michelle i love how you do your reviews! :)

oceana Lena wrote: "i love how you do your reviews! :)"

aww, thank you!