Maureen Timerman's Reviews > Whither Thou Goest, I Will Go

Whither Thou Goest, I Will Go by Naomi Dathan

Dec 24, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read
Read in December, 2011

Once I started this book I could not put it down...it is a very fast lingering read. It is a well researched based on fact book...so you better have the tissues ready.
The story starts at the beginning of the Perkins marriage, Jemima, Seth and baby Charlie. Life is good for Jem, she has it all a beautiful baby, a handsome husband, a great home and servants. Her father has set her up by giving them their house. She is a spoiled woman, very unprepared for what is about to happen to her.
Because of some scandal involving Jem's father, Seth has left the military and is moving his his family to the prairie of Nebraska. They stop for the winter in Kansas and stay with his old friend William and his wife Susan and their family. What a shock for Jem...she is rude and quite unaccepting of her circumstances. She is literaly forced into accepting the role of a wife on the prairie. You will feel sorry for her...she sure hadn't planned on a life of this nature.
Actually it turned into a good lesson for Jem, and helps prepare her for what is to to come. I loved the faith shown in this book. Hard to accept all that happens here, but you see God helping them. You will get lost here, and am glad to know that some of my questions are going to be answered in the next book..or two??

I received this book from First Wild Card Tours and the author Naomi Dathan, and was not required to give a positive review.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whither Thou Goest, I Will Go.

message 1: by Keena (new)

Keena Tomko Thanks Maureen! I really appreciate you taking the time to read and give feedback.