Michelle's Reviews > The Boyfriend Thief

Dec 26, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed-books, contemporary
Read in December, 2011

overall Rating: 4.5

The Boyfriend Thief by Shana Norris is a fun, romantic teen contemporary drama, that is sure to have you smiling with joy in no time.

The story plot is cute, especially when it comes to main character Avery's mission to get a boy to fall for her. She's so clueless it's quite funny. Though the plot also deals with friend and family issues that are actually quite deep and meaningful. Its just great to see Avery come out of her shell and show the world who she really is by the end. Though the plot was entertaining, I thought somewhere in the middle of the book it lost its appeal and intrigue making it a bit of a bore to read, hence why I gave it a 4.5, but soon enough it picks back up again. The most funniest bits were the adventures of Avery in that massive hot dog costume. Anything to do with that made me burst out laughing, I nearly cried of laughter. Props to Shana Norris, because it was hilarious.

The character of Avery is very smart and always thinks with her brain, I found her enjoyable to read and loved her very mature dialogue, I found it really interesting. Though she was a bit self centered and that lead to some poor decisions that seriously made me want to throw a book at her. But at the end you just freaking love her, I'm telling you it's the hot dog suit, once she gets in it, I forgive her for everything. Her love interest Zac, who she was paid to 'woo' , is a very likable male lead. He was funny, outgoing and really hyper...it was hot as. Their relationship was cute, and I loved when they were together.

The supporting characters were also great, each having very different personalities. I loved Elliot (Avery's enemy) and his cockiness, Molly's (best friend) computer hacking skills. Avery's family was also really fun to read about. Not one character was boring, each one giving a piece of magic to this book. But the best character was Bob the hot dog suit...GO BOB!

Anyway go read this book, it's cute and it's super funny right at the end. I nearly died of laughter. The Boyfriend Thief is a great read, that puts a true smile on your face.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boyfriend Thief.

12/26/2011 page 169