Lori (Pure Imagination)'s Reviews > Wentworth Hall

Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame

Jul 15, 2012

liked it
Read from May 26 to 27, 2012

Wentworth Hall was a fun and very fast read. I’m not usually a fan of historical novels but something about Wentworth Hall grabbed me and I wanted to read it as soon as possible. So as soon as it was in my hands I started reading it.

I’m not sure what I was expecting, a little more depth? A more character driven novel? Wentworth Hall isn’t really those things, but it was an entertaining book nonetheless. It was very scandalous! I really enjoyed figuring out each characters secrets. They were just shocking enough to keep you flipping pages faster and faster to see how everything was going to unfold.

There isn’t a ton of growth or depth from the characters. The story really focuses more on the secrets and gossip hidden away in Wentworth Hall. The book is also interspersed with these wonderful little satire columns from a newspaper. They added another element of entertainment to the story. I really enjoyed them.

Overall, Wentworth Hall was a unique and amusing read. Don’t go into it expecting some serious profound book. I do recommend it if you’re in the mood for something fast and fun!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wentworth Hall.

05/26/2012 page 105