Joy (Cheery♡Reads)'s Reviews > The Secret War

The Secret War by Matt Myklusch

Feb 13, 12

bookshelves: i-own
Read from February 03 to 13, 2012

"The true greatness of the Imagine Nation isn't found when times are easy; it's there when the moment is hard and we rise up as one to meet the challenges we face. When we cast aside differences and triumph together in a way we never could when standing apart."

If the quote above didn't already say it all, I don't know what else could. The Jack Blank Adventure series is such a gem. There are so many positive and motivating messages incorporated in it. Although it is categorize as a MG book, it is more than that. Matt Myklusch does a very good job delivering the actions, tense moments and greatest of all, the surprises that I definitely don't see coming.

Jack Blank and the characters of the Imagine Nation are very good teaching subjects. They teach all of us so many of the values in life that we tend to take for granted as we grow older. It frustrates me that everyone expects so much out of Jack as though he is some accomplished adult, never realizing he is just 13 y/o and have come a long way. They should give him a break but Jack realizes his mistakes and is humble and quick to admit and rectify them. He is such a courageous and brave boy after all that he's been through.

This sequel to Jack Blank and the Imagine Nation or known also as The Accidental Hero, is a must pickup and will remain as one of my favourite series.

More at my blog: cheeryreads.blogspot.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret War.

02/02/2012 page 73
02/07/2012 page 164
31.0% "I know. I wayyyyy beind my usual reading pace. Just ain't in the mood at the mo..."
02/12/2012 page 437
83.0% "Now I see some action...."
show 1 hidden update…