Cindy Bokma's Reviews > The Late Bloomer's Revolution: A Memoir

The Late Bloomer's Revolution by Amy Cohen

Feb 06, 09

From page one, I was hooked. Amy Cohen has a fantastic sense of humor and this leads me to believe we'd be BFFs if we were actually to meet. I laughed at loud at her descriptions and phrases. After her mother passes away, Amy and her dad grow closer through all of Amy's highs, lows and dates both good and bad. As the years march on, Amy remains single. Why is everyone else marrying off but not her? Amy ultimately realizes that her own company, being alone, is not as bad as one might think. The bicycle on the cover is symbolic because Amy was 35 when she learned how to ride a bike. Also, you get the whole flower and bloom connection, right?

The Late Bloomer's Revolution will be made into a film starring Sarah Jessica Parker. I can't wait for this one! With the right screenplay, its sure to be a humorous, touching, great movie, the kind I want to write for and work on. I highly recommend this book. It's a breezy read and you will be flipping pages late into the night like me. Even though I've been married for a hundred years, I could still identify with her thoughts and feelings. Maybe creative people are more emotional? Maybe we're a little crazy? Or maybe we just share a similar view of the world. Either way, get the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Late Bloomer's Revolution.