Sally's Reviews > Power Study

Power Study by Maria V. Snyder

Feb 17, 12

bookshelves: e-read, fill-ins, study-series, short-stories, ya-all-grown-up, e-own
Read on February 17, 2012, read count: 1

SQUEE. The second Study novella, and I think this was my favourite of the three - although it might be tied with Assassin Study, I'm not sure.

It was Ari- and Janco-centric which absolutely made me giddy with delight because I just adore their banter! They're such great characters and it was awesomely fun to read a story in which they were the main players. My only sadness was that Maren didn't accompany them for the entire novella - I love her as well! But for sheer, unadulterated Ari and Janco glee, this story has it in spades. Their dialogue is brilliant and it's so much fun getting a real hearty dose of it :)

I loved the story as well, another neat little adventure where Ari and Janco end up working with a Sandseed to track down and capture the scimitar, Pemba, that is in the hands of cocky young Rye. The sword is magic in the evil kind of way, feeding on the blood of the people that it cuts to make it even more powerful - so perfectly in place in this world!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Power Study.