Michelle's Reviews > Hollowmen

Hollowmen by Amanda Hocking

F 50x66
Dec 23, 11

Remy has spent months being a lab rat in the Quarantine while a group of faceless scientists attempt to find a cure to the Zombie virus. When the Zombies outside become smarter and find a way to infiltrate the compound, she faces a new problem. Escape with her life, find Max again and head north to Canada.

I wanted to love this book, was even willing to ignore the same number of spelling errors and missing words in the Kindle version of this book as there were in the first one. There was just something off about it... maybe because of how short the entire novel was which made it less detailed than I would have liked. After all, we barely even know anything about Serg other than his name.

The old characters from Hollowland were quickly taken care of in a matter of sentences each. The new characters were also taken care of fairly quickly and in a logical pattern. I'm aware the zombies were getting smarter in this book but not to that degree. Hocking would focus on one character for a while, making the book predictable in trying to work out who would be attacked next. I also found the ending of this a bit flat. There's really no other word to describe the last section of the book other than that.

With that said, Hollowmen was still a very short yet easy read. It certainly didn't feel like a chore to read even if I was holding myself back from yelling at my Ipad about wanting to know more than Hocking was giving us. Not as good as the first, hopefully not as good as any future books in this series, but an okay middle novel.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollowmen.