Jennifer Romero's Reviews > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: favorites

I tend to reread books I love, but I usually wait a few months or even a few years to read a book a second time. When I finished reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, I instantly had to reread it. It’s amazing! I own a copy in eBook format and also a print copy, which I got signed by the author. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was mysterious, creepy, funny, sexy, and romantic without being cheesy. I recommended this book to my cousin, and once she started reading it, she was hooked. People, read this book! Once you start you won’t be able to put it down. Can’t wait for the second book***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Michelle Hodkin
“Wait," I said as Noah slipped a book from a shelf and headed toward the door. "Where are you going?"
"To read?"
But I don't want you to.
"But I need to go home," I said, my eyes meeting his. "My parents are going to kill me."
"Taken care of. You're at Sophie's house."
I loved Sophie.
"So I'm...staying here?"
"Daniel's covering for you."
I loved Daniel.
"Where's Katie?" I asked, trying to sound casual.
"Eliza's house."
I loved Eliza.
"And your parents?" I asked.
"Some charity thing."
I loved charity.
"So why are you going to read when I'm right here?”

Michelle Hodkin
“You want me as much as I want you. And all I want is you."
My tongue warred with my mind. "Today," I whispered.
Noah stood slowly, his body skimming mine as he rose. "Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever.”

Michelle Hodkin
“What would you do if I kissed you right now?"
I stared at his beautiful face and his beautiful mouth and I wanted nothing more than to taste it. "I would kiss you back.”

Michelle Hodkin
“Asscrown," I muttered under my breath as I headed to my next class. I wasn't proud of swearing at a complete stranger, no. but he started it.

Noah matched my pace. "Don't you mean 'assclown'?" He looked amused.

"No," I said, louder this time. "I mean asscrown. The crown on top of the asshat that covers the asshole of the assclown. The very zenith in the hierarchy of asses," I said, as though I was reading from a dictionary of modern profanity.

"I guess you nailed me then.”

Michelle Hodkin
“I’m sorry, is driving and talking too complicated? No problem, I’ll shut up.”