Laura's Reviews > Whodunnit

Whodunnit by Dean Wesley Smith

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: mystery, science-fiction, tv, young-adult, reviews
Recommended to Laura by: Smallville fans, mystery fans
Read from February 21 to April 18, 2012, read count: 1

If you pick this book up because of the title, you will not be disappointed. This book is exactly what it claims to be: a whodunnit mystery with twists, turns, and some fun investigating.

This seemed more like an actual episode than most of the other Smallville books I've read, which I really liked. It had Pete, Lana, Chloe, and, of course, Clark all investigating a murder that happened right in their small town. The one thing that made it unlike a TV episode is the thing that I liked most: there was no meteor freak! Not to say that I dislike meteor freaks- if I did, why on earth would I like Smallville? But it's still fun to see something new and interesting that doesn't make Clark feel all guilty inside.

My one little complaint would be the timeline. Like so many other Smallville books, the timeline is messed up. At one point Clark mentinos the season 2 episode "Nicodemus," but (spoiler for the show) Pete doesn't know anything about Clark being Kryptonian. This doesn't really make sense, since Clark tells Pete in the second episode of season two. But other than that, I really can't think of anything I specifically disliked.

All in all, it was a nice read. (But Flight is still my favorite Smallville book! ;D)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whodunnit.

02/21/2012 page 15