April's Reviews > ABC's Revenge: Pilot Episode Script

ABC's Revenge by Mike Kelley

Dec 23, 11

Read in September, 2011

This was a free download, and when I first started seeing the promos for the TV series before the start of the season, I decided to bump this up on my To Read list to see if the script intrigued me enough to watch the pilot episode.

It did!

The script is well written — it starts off "in the future" after a character has been murdered, but it manages to show just enough of what's going on to make suspects of nearly everyone when the script goes back to a time before the opening. ANYONE could be the killer, and that set up alone is enough to intrigue anyone to keep reading or watching to find out who that might be. It's a brilliant move to gain viewers.

As it happens, I did watch the pilot online and again on TV when it finally aired, and for a while I watched the series regularly, until it for some reason simply dropped off my DVR. I think maybe the network changed the show's air time or something, which is simply the stupidest thing a network can do when they're trying to build an audience. Case in point, I lost track of the show, missed a few episodes, and stopped watching it altogether — all this, after they had hooked me with the free pilot episode in Kindle format, thus canceling that brilliant move to gain me as a viewer.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ABC's Revenge.