Bill's Reviews > The Simple Truth

The Simple Truth by David Baldacci

Jan 18, 12

Read from December 23, 2011 to January 02, 2012

I got lost in this one. David Baldacci wrote what could have been a very good book but there were so many characters with similar -- or not different enough -- names that I kept forgetting who was who.

There were some very interesting characters and some really interesting information on the Supreme Court but I felt lost in this book.

There are too many moments where things just were not plausible. I am not giving anything away of great importance here so stick with me.

There are people with motives that are completely unclear, people that acted completely off base and the end. I will not give away the end but let's just say as all becomes more clear it will feel less and less like high drama and intrgue and more and more like a very operatic soap opera.

If you like David Baldacci, I doubt you will miss this book. If you want to learn a thing or two about the Supreme Court, I'm sure there are better sources. Overall, I would give this book a miss. I am giving it two stars because it at least kept me through to the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Simple Truth.