Lana.'s Reviews > Lotta Jansdotter's Handmade Living: A Fresh Take on Scandinavian Style

Lotta Jansdotter's Handmade Living by Lotta Jansdotter

F 50x66
Dec 23, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: diy, fashion, non-fiction
Recommended to Lana. by: Goodreads.com Recommendations
Read from December 18 to 23, 2011 , read count: 1

As a DIY book, Lotta Jansdotter's Handmade Living: A Fresh Take on Scandinavian Style doesn't quite make the mark. But in other ways it is so much more. As the title indicates, this is a style book and Lifestyle book more than anything else. Recipes, personal annecdotes, and the occasional craft and design pattern, along side large and lovely photographs by Jenny Hallengren, make this an inspiring "biographicaphical scrapbook". Or as she calls it "a visit" into her home and work space.

From "At Home", "Entertaining", and "At Work", you too can decide what areas to infuse / transform with the designer's suggestions in decor (storage, and making use of small spaces), crafts, and recipes.

If like me your knowledge of Scandanavian style didn't go beyond Ikea catalogues - take a look and see just how bohemian, folk, and whismical can fit right along clean lines and bright colours. Even if I can't say for sure if this lifestyle is for me, I certainly feel there is something very beautiful here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lotta Jansdotter's Handmade Living.