Charlotte Phillips's Reviews > Goddess of the Rose

Goddess of the Rose by P.C. Cast

Dec 26, 11

Read from December 23 to 26, 2011

No matter what, I will always be a fan of P.C.Cast. I find her books to just always be vivid with life, imagination, creativity and mystery. She writes always with this sense of romance within her pages, but not in a way that is cheesy or boring, but in a way that is both intriguing and refreshing. She always gives her characters this huge sense of life to them that makes them more interesting to read, because she makes them come to life in the readers mind so they are not just worded descriptions on pages, but actual figures. What I liked about this particular novel though was the fact that she made beauty and the beast into a mythological version. She shared the same moral in that it should not matter about the outter appearance, but the inner one instead.

In many ways, yes, they did fall in love far to quickly and soon, but at the same time, it was down with such a careful tone to it that it was not overwhelming or overly cliche. I suppose in many senses you did expect it to him happen, as I have yet to find one of P.C.Casts novel that does not contain a blooming romance of some sort. I loved the link between person and roses though, I just kind of wished that this had also been advanced on because I feel there was a lot more that could have been done to make it more interesting and engaging. Yet, what was provided was well done.

Not only did the novel meet the tale of beauty and the beast but it also linked up with the story of the minnotor, which really gave it this huge sense of a greek feeling, which of course is where all the goddess stories came from. This therefore just seemed to make it appear more realistic because it was almost as if the author had purposely put in this sort of historical reference. It does make you wonder though, are there really goddesses up there or out there who actually have different emotions and realms that they are in charge off. A wonderful read, a wonderful series and a wonderful book. I will forever be a faithful fan to p.c.cast and would name her as one of my favorite authors.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess of the Rose.