Farah Jay's Reviews > The Gathering Storm

6521946
Jan 03, 12

bookshelves: netaglley, for-review
Read from December 23 to 28, 2011

As I first started reading this book, I didn't know what to expect. I read "Bright Young Things" and it was also a historical book, but i didn't enjoy it. I also knew this was a historical book, but i gave it a chance.
The story is based on Katerina, and the setting is in Russia. At first, it was so confusing to me. All the names, and political positions, and the family relationships sounded all new and weird to me. I even thought about making a family tree so i could keep up with the characters.
The book was pretty boring at first, but the more I read and the story developed, the more it became interesting. Though I did feel some unnecessary parts were in the book, which would have made the book better if they were removed.
Through the middle and end, it was very exciting. The plot is very well-written as well. Even though I'm not into historical YA books, because the girls act so differently from this century, I can't say it's a book I didn't enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gathering Storm.

12/24/2011 page 45