315's Reviews > Tall, Dark & Lonely

Tall, Dark & Lonely by R.L. Mathewson

Okay, I think this is my fav R.L. Mathewson book so far! After a couple of the darker books I've read, it's nice to have a little bit of sweet brain candy that you can always find in a R.L. Mathewson book.

The char Chris is by far one of my favorite in any book I’ve read to date. He always had the most perfect things to say at the BEST times! It did seem to me that when Ephraim first refers to the boy in the class room he doesn’t say much as we learn later in the book. Which makes me wonder if the author decided later to make his part bigger… because Chris just made the book so much fun! “Little old to be dating a twenty-four year old wouldn’t you say?”

Oh… and what can you say about Mr Awesome, Ephraim. I still don’t understand the whole bathroom issues from the beginning or the need to take SO many showers. But Ephraim’s inner voice was such a joy. Oh, and the bit about him coming down to dinner to meet Madison’s date. And her brother, Joshua, starts interrogating her date… was too funny! "The boy was getting a bike for Christmas that’s all there was to it. ..... Forget the bike he was getting a go-cart." I was laughing so hard!!!

This book is pretty much what you can expect from a R.L. Mathewson story. They can make you cry but mostly they make me laugh. The author's voice is fast becoming one of my fav from her paranormal to her contemporary books, they never seem to miss. It's a real shame that more people don’t know about this author! I wouldn't call her style of book erotic (but they do have some HOT YUMMY parts) but they are more romance but not overly sweet.

Oh... just noticed she has a book all for Chris!!! So reading THAT one next! Without Regret: A Sentinel Novel
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tall, Dark & Lonely.