Victor Gentile's Reviews > His Steadfast Love

His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons

Dec 23, 11

Read in December, 2011

Golden Keyes Parsons in her new book, “His Steadfast Love” published by Thomas Nelson takes us back to The Civil War.

From the back cover: It’s the spring of 1861 on the Gulf Coast of Texas. Amanda never thought she would marry because of a promise she made to her dying mother, but her attraction to Captain Kent Littlefield is undeniable.

When Texas secedes from the Union, her brother Daniel aligns with the Confederate States, while Kent remains with the Union troops.

Her heart is torn between the two men she is closest to and the two sides of the conflict. Amanda prays to God for direction and support, but hears only silence. Where is God in the atrocities of war-and whose side is He on?

Amanda senses her life is at a turning point. She must trust God to deliver her family through the chaos of war with her heart and her faith intact.

President Abraham Lincoln once said about the Civil War, the South prays to God to help them win, we pray to God to help us win. Which side does He listen to? While that is not an exact quote it does show the conflict between the States from the leader’s position. Golden Keyes Parsons shows the conflict from a family’s position.

“His Steadfast Love” is a book of history as it showcases the war from the point of view of Texas. It is a book of romance as Amanda Belle, a Southerner, meets Captain Kent Littlefield, a Northerner, and they fall in love. It is a thriller as everyone’s lives are in deadly jeopardy as the War Between the States rages on. Then there is the theme of God’s presence. Where is He in the midst of the fighting between friends and families? Why does He not intervene? The characters wrestle with their doubt in a very believable manner and this shows, clearly, just what faith is. Golden Keyes Parsons is an expert at bringing historical events to life while weaving in the fictional aspects of the story in a seamless flowing pattern. Ms. Parsons makes you care for all the people involved and takes you along for the journey. I think this is historical fiction at its finest. This is also just plain fun and exciting as well.

If you missed the interview for “In The Shadow of the Sun King”, Book One in the Darkness to Light series, a different series from Golden Keyes Parsons, and would like to listen to it and/or interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop, commercial free Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Jeane Wynn at Wynn-Wynn Media. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Steadfast Love.