Kent Horner's Reviews > American Assassin

American Assassin by Vince Flynn

Jan 18, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from December 23, 2011 to January 18, 2012

I purchased this paperback from Amazon for 0.97 cents. I was introduced to Vince Flynn thru a co-worker who has read all 12 of the Mitch Rapp (main character) series. I read the 1st one called "Transfer of Power" and really enjoyed it. "American Assassin" is #11 of the series but is actually the prequel to all the other Mitch Rapp novels. Flynn has been compared to Tom Clancy without the in depth, technical jargon. I've never read any of Clancy's books but have seen most of the movies based on his novels which include,The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, and The Sum of All Fears. I know one of Flynn's books is going to be made into a movie but am unsure of which one. This novel, being the prequel, would make the most sense to me to be the 1st movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Assassin.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Would it be beneficial to read American Assassin before any of the others?

Kent Horner Having read only about 25%, so far, of American Assassin, and only one other book in the 12 book series, I don't really know. I personally chose to read it now because it's tells the story of how be was "chosen" to be in the CIA. On Flynn's homepage, and I find this kinda weird, the recomended order is 1)American Assassin 2) Kill Shot, which is not scheduled to be released until February and 3)Transfer of Power, which used to be number 1.....clear as mud!

message 3: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Finaly getting cmments again .All is well

Jason Therrell I would definitely say read American assassin first then kill shot.

She-ra's A' DragQueen What's this talk of a movie?

Christopher Chance American assassin will be becoming a movie. They're looking at Chris Hemsworth for ratio and bruce willis for hurley