Janelle's Reviews > The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

Jun 24, 12

bookshelves: desperate-for-this
Read on June 24, 2012

I am so excited for this! I mean, what's with that description, Richelle?

"But the closer she grows to Jill, Eddie, and especially Adrian, the more she finds herself questioning her age-old Alchemist beliefs, her idea of family, and the sense of what it means to truly belong."

"Equally daunting is her new romance with Brayden, a cute, brainy guy who seems to be her match in every way. Yet, as perfect as he seems, Sydney finds herself being drawn to someone else—someone forbidden to her.

GAAAAH. A new guy? Again? What happened to Trey? Is he not enough? Poor Adrian.

I AM SO PSYCHED FOR THIS BOOK! I can't wait for the developments in the future. I need some Adrian/Sydney luuurve. ♥

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Lily.

Quotes Janelle Liked

Richelle Mead
“Adrian, I'm on a date. Why are you here? On my car?”

Richelle Mead
“I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.”

Richelle Mead
“Sage," he said. "What are you wearing?"
I sighed and stared down at the dress. "I know. It's red. Don't start. I'm tired of hearing about it."
"Funny," he said. "I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at it.”

Richelle Mead
“He shook his head. “No. Because there's no one else out there who understands you like I do.”
I waited for more. “That's it? You're not going to elaborate on what that means?”
Those green eyes held me. “I don't think I need to.”

Richelle Mead
“Day 24. Situation is growing worse. My captors continue to find new and horrific ways to torture me. When not working, Agent Scarlet spends her days examining fabric swatches for bridesmaid dresses and going on about how in love she is. This usually causes Agent Boring Borscht to regale us with stories of Russian weddings that are even more boring than his usual ones. My attempts at escape have been thwarted thus far. Also, I am out of cigarettes. Any assistance or tobacco products you can send will be greatly appreciated.
-Prisoner 24601”

Richelle Mead
“He shouldn't have said that," repeated Adrian, eerily serious. He leaned his face toward mine. "I don't care if he's not the emotional type or the complimentary type or what. No one can look at you in this dress, in all that fire and gold, and start talking about anachronisms. If I were him, I would have said, 'You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian ordered a martini, earning disapproving looks from his father and me.
'It's barely noon,' said Nathan.
'I know,' said Adrian. 'I'm surprised I held out that long too.”

“Really, Sage? A date?”
I sighed. “Yes, Adrian. A date.”
“A real date. Not, like, doing homework together,” he added.
“I mean like where you go out to a movie or something. And a
movie that’s not part of a school assignment. Or about something boring.”
“A real date.”

Richelle Mead
“I’d mentioned this odd wardrobe choice to Adrian a couple of weeks ago:
“Isn’t Dimitri hot?”
Adrian’s response hadn’t been entirely unexpected:
“Well, yeah, according to most women, at least.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angelique Ojeda What??????? I DID NOT see that! Who is this Brayden guy? Trey? ADRIAN? Well at least we will get a jealous Adrian........... hehe

message 2: by Janelle (new) - added it

Janelle Vampiregirl1200 wrote: "What??????? I DID NOT see that! Who is this Brayden guy? Trey? ADRIAN? Well at least we will get a jealous Adrian........... hehe"

That part of the Goodreads summary got edited (Brayden - who is a new guy, human, I think), but it was there last year! Yes, yes, yes! Hopefully, we'll get to see a jealous Adrian this time. :)

message 3: by Cierra (new) - added it

Cierra I bet Adrian is the forbidden guy and I think Brayden is someone trey set up with Sydney. #soexcited!

message 4: by Janelle (new) - added it

Janelle Cierra wrote: "I bet Adrian is the forbidden guy and I think Brayden is someone trey set up with Sydney. #soexcited!"

I hope he will be! We'll see about Brayden, he's still such a mysterious character, isn't he? I am also so excited for this book! :)

message 5: by Cierra (new) - added it