Kimi04's Reviews > The Demon's Surrender

The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan

Jan 02, 12

bookshelves: books-2012, fantasy
Read from December 27, 2011 to January 02, 2012

The third book in the Demon’s Lexicon trilogy, and though the POV felt strange in the beginning I really enjoyed this as much as the other two books. At first I didn’t know what to do with this Sin POV. It’s not that I don’t like her, but she was such a minor character in the first two books, that I was afraid that the whole plot would be moved away from Nick, Alan, Jamie and Mae. Thankfully that was not the case, though I still think that wasn’t the right POV for the third book. Apparently Nick made a lot progress in this book, but what happened between him and Mae was only mentioned as a sideline, what’s really sad since the first two books were mostly about them.

But I loved this book anyway. Again Sarah wrote this book in a way that the reader had no idea, what the intentions of the different characters were. And that has nothing to do with the POV from a character who doesn’t really know the others. I love Sarah’s writing, the sarcasm and the pace of the plot. It never gets boring or uninteresting. This is a fitting end for a series like this, though I still want to know what happens with Nick and Mae now, or how they got to the point where they were at the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon's Surrender.

Quotes Kimi04 Liked

Sarah Rees Brennan
“I want to burn the world because Alan is gone," he said. "I want to destroy everything I see. But you mean something to me. I will not destroy the world, because it has you in it.”
Sarah Rees Brennan, The Demon's Surrender

12/27/2011 page 181
47.0% "OMG... I just love Nick and Jamie together *-* *hihi*"
12/27/2011 page 298
77.0% "Why is everything going utterly wrong now? I want Alan back :("
12/27/2011 page 387
100.0% "Great book, but I'm still a little disappointed, because Nick was just a secondary character though he made the most changes in this book :("