Lily's Reviews > The Catastrophic History of You and Me

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

Mar 04, 12

Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Dial (February 21, 2012)
ISBN-10: 0803737203
Author: Jess Rothenberg
Cover art: I love it!
Overall rating:***** out of 5 stars.
Obtained: My personal book shelf

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews

Dying of a broken heart is just the beginning.... Welcome to forever.

BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally.

But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after.

With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces? (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

I really liked this book. It was one of those books that made me cry several times while I was reading it. Getting to walk with Bree as she made her way through her grief was really interesting, there were times when I laughed there were times when I cried. This was an amazing book!
I loved it. It had a twist that I figured out fairly early on but that didn't diminish what I felt about the book.

It's a wonderful story and even if you are someone who never has had their heart broken, you can still feel empathy for the characters. The edition of Hamloaf (Bree's dog) was fantastic! I highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Catastrophic History of You and Me.