Tyler's Reviews > Rise of a Merchant Prince

Rise of a Merchant Prince by Raymond E. Feist

M_50x66
Jul 11, 07

Read in June, 2007

Far more complex in terms of character personality and plot, this book oddly lacks the charm of Rise of the Dark Queen. Roo is shown to be a disgusting character even more than could have been guessed at previously. I found myself wishing for greater exposition of Erik's story line and less on the business deals conducted by Roo. However, I will say that the jargon was fairly limited in terms of business as even I was able to grasp most of what was going on.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise of a Merchant Prince.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (last edited Jan 03, 2008 09:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Russell I agree about Roo! He is truly shown to be a disgusting person indeed. I kept waiting for greater consequences to befall him, because of his actions...but sadly it never happens. Still he is not without some redeeming qualities and is still one of "our" heroes. However, there are still some loose threads from his deviant behavior that may come back to bite him later.

******SPOILER******************
Obviously Duncan and Sylvia's coupling will be a new plot thread in the next book, which I have yet to read.