Michael's Reviews > A World I Never Made

A World I Never Made by James LePore

2065514
Pat Nolan is summoned to Paris to identify his estranged daughter, Megan's body. He's told that she had terminal cancer and committed suicide.

When Catherine Lawrence, a police detective in Paris, shows Pat the body, he sees that it isn't Megan. He also realizes that Megan staged her death and must be in trouble and needs him.

Catherine is told that Carles Raimondi of the Foreign Office is asking about Megan and concerned of the quick cremation of the body. Catherine is ordered to befriend Pat and see what she can find because the Saudi Government suspects Megan might have been part of a terrorist bombing in Morocco.

James LePopore writes a perceptive story about terrorists, family relationships, and second chances. He gives the reader an interesting ride as we go through the camouflage to find why Megan has staged her death and why she was in trouble. At the same time we see Pat and Catherine falling in love, something that neither of them could have forseen again in their lives.

LePore has a deft touch for dialogue and his legal background has given him a logical approach to mixing historical facts into a story that is both believable and interesting.

This is a well crafted mystery with richly developed characters who are enjoyable to read about.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A World I Never Made.

Diane I have this as a to read book. Had downloaded it to my Kindle. I have so many to read books. I just need the time to read everything. There are so many good author and books out there. This one sounded quite good.