Tara's Reviews > Inbetween

Inbetween by Tara A. Fuller

Sep 11, 12

bookshelves: arc, books-i-own, ebook, review-copies, favorite
Read from July 20 to 22, 2012

My full review in all of its glory (PLUS a lot of smexy Finn & Easton photos) can be found on my blog!
YUM WOW OMG!!!
HOLY FINN!!!!!
Hey Easton, give a girl a call!! *wink wink*
Anaya you ... oooo girl!!! Just yea!! I'm watching you!!
And Cash you can doodle me any time!!
Love this book...

You know how you start a book and it starts with a girl in trouble and some sexy man comes and saves her then disappears and you are all like “OH MY GOD! What the hell?!!?! Who is that! He is so sexy, I want him. And you read the book from the chicks POV and you never know what the motives are for the guy unless you are lucky enough to have the author write his POV at some point in time.

This isn’t that book!

SERIOUSLY!!!! This book mostly follows Finn the sexy guy that saves the damsel!!!! I was so hooked on just that fact alone that we get to see the flip side of the story.

I was so excited to get this book because I have wanted it FOREVER!!!! I read Tara’s first book, Perigee Moon earlier this year and LOVED IT!! And when I found out she was writing a book about reapers I died!!! And this wasn’t a let down!!! It lived up to every expectation I had and more! Tara’s craft lies in her ability develop a tantalizing world that draws you in quick, grips you tight and doesn’t let you go. You will laugh, you will cry, you will fight your impulse to throw this across the room and you will just love the ride that Tara takes you on.

This book is told in Dual POV, mostly from Finn’s, but also from Emma’s. And I have to say that this saved the book for me. I really enjoyed knowing what Finn was doing and seeing the story from him because his story is complex and surprising full of life, it’s a pleasure to be able to be a part of it. If this book was told from Emma’s POV it would have been very boring and just like every other book out there. Emma is still a wonderful girl, but this story is really about Finn and his struggles to find a way to love his girl.

And let me tell you I love the good, but broken, Finn. He was a sweetie, selfish at times but definitely one to pull on your heartstrings. But Easton is the man that stole my heart!! Dark, mysterious, and more than meets the eyes (Yea that’s right, you got an Autobots reference), he is the boy I can’t wait to get to know. Finn is like the new kid on the block, where he is still discovering how to do his job, and what it means to fulfill his duty as a reaper. Fresh, and still attached to the human world. But Easton has been around a while. He is aged, distressed looking and you know when he lets you find out his story, it’s going to be a doozy!!!

And my girl Anaya, GIIIIIIRL!!!! I really need to know what is going on with her!!! Her actions and AHHHHHHHH I cant even talk about it her story!!! I cant for coherent sentences when it comes to her!!! I need her story also!!!

Like I said, the supporting characters really stole the show! I can’t wait for more form this world that Tara set up. This is a great concept of reapers and Tara really captured the emotion behind what it means to be a reaper. I loved all the scenes about the boys (and lady) working and how they handle being reapers.

What prevented this from being 5 starts for me was Finn and Emma’s relationship felt a bit light. I would have loved a bit more chemistry between them and a bit more draw. I didn’t quite see them as being the greatest loves of each other’s lives. And I think that was because we don’t get to see their love develop from when they first met. But I still loved the journey they took me on and the lengths that Finn was willing to go to show Emma that he loved her and always would. Everything else in this story is wonderfully written. The world is great, the evil villain is evil, and it’s a wonderful paranormal read.

If you are looking for a great, quick paranormal read, this one is it! But be warned, you will get drawn in quick by the other characters and be like me, impatiently waiting for the rest of their stories!

Favorite Quotes

For you? For you I'd do anything.

"Do you like him?" Cash finally broke into a full-on grin. "Of course you do! He saved you. Chicks love that crap. Does this mean you're actually going to go on a real date now?

Before you, there was only dark. You lit up my whole world, like the sun bursting through the clouds on a stormy day.

*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inbetween.

07/20/2012
36.0% "Oh Finn Carter you are so yummie!! I'll touch you anyday!"
07/20/2012
47.0% "Oh holy sweet heaven! Slow dancing with a reaper... Something I now want to try!" 1 comment
07/21/2012
81.0% "Oh my goodness!! Shit is about to go down!! My heart needs a break!"
07/22/2012
100.0% "OMG WTF!! Eeep to amazing love it! Give me more!"

Heather Hi Tara,

We are trying to get Tara's book, Inbetween, into the top 100 on Amazon. We need at least 30 reviews on Amazon and have 8 right now. If you could post your review love, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The link to her book is http://www.amazon.com/Inbetween-Kisse....

Thanks so much for all that you do!

~ Heather Riccio, Senior Publicist