Rachel's Reviews > Thunder Over Kandahar

F_50x66
Dec 23, 11

bookshelves: historical-fiction
Read from December 22 to 23, 2011

Thunder over Kandahar is about two girls named Yasmine and Tamanna who live in war filled Afganistan. When a school is built in their village they are really excited to go but then the Talibans burn it down and everything in the girls life starts to crumble. Yasmines parents are shot and are sent to a far away village to get treatment and Tamanna is going to get married to someone she doesn't know. They part ways thinking that they will never see each other again but under unexpected circumstances they meet and are now lost halfway to the village where Yasmines village is with nothing except the clothes on their back, some documents and some money.
I picked this book up because this is a Red maple book and I need to read it so I can complete a quiz and vote for this book.
I finished this book because it's pretty good and also because I wanted to find out what would happend to Yasmine Tamanna.
I would recommend this book to Grace because this is a really good book and I think that this genre will suit her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thunder Over Kandahar.