Caiti's Reviews > The Dark Tower and Other Stories

The Dark Tower and Other Stories by C.S. Lewis

Dec 22, 11

Read in December, 2011

Previously unaware of its existence, I was excited to stumble upon this at the library.
The Dark Tower I found intriguing, and wished that Lewis had developed and completed it.
The Man Born Blind, reminiscent of Poe. (that threw me for a loop.)
After Ten Years, a myth retold, also made me wish it had been completed. Reading the opening, and gradually realizing where you are and what's going on was exciting.

Basically, every story was pretty interesting in its own right, if not polished. But of course they weren't polished - they were unfinished manuscripts. I see a lot of people aren't impressed with this work, but obviously Lewis wasn't either, or it would have been published, right? I just kind of get the impression that I've been let in on a little secret - the unpublished scribblings and revelations of ideas from the mind of a great author.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Tower and Other Stories.

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa I have that book. The Man Born Blind is memorable. I was surprised at the ending but how. . . poignant? Can I use that word? Not sure it is the right one, but I like it.

Caiti yes. Poignant is appropriate, I'd say!