Cafelilybookreviews's Reviews > This Thing Of Ours: How Faith Saved My Mafia Marriage

This Thing Of Ours by Cammy Franzese

Dec 22, 11

In 1992, Camille (Cammy) Franzese finally realized that what she suspected for many years was true: her husband was a mobster. As she was arrested at her home and forced to spend a night in jail, she became depressed and angry. Her fairytale life was crashing down around her. After "looking the other way" for many years and denying the obvious, Cammy couldn't ignore any longer that her husband Michael was involved in mafia activity.

As I read this story, I found myself questioning (as many of her friends, family and acquaintences) - how could she NOT know? The fancy homes, five-star restaurants, expensive cars and endless flow of money should have tipped her off from the start. Cammy writes that although she and Michael spent a lot of time talking and getting to know each other while dating, that she didn't ask him a lot of personal questions. I often wondered while reading this story if she would have married him, having known all of the facts up front.

For the most part this was an interesting story but very chaotic and depressing at times. It was sad to read just how much time Cammy spent alone, raising her children while Michael did time in prison. Thankfully, by the time Michael was finally released, he and Cammy had accepted Christ and began to learn how to trust God to take them through a very uncertain future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Thing Of Ours.