Lenore Kosinski's Reviews > Collide

Jan 12, 2016

liked it
bookshelves: kindle, fav-authors-recommend, okay-creations-cover
Read from December 22 to 23, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 2

Original Review: 4 stars -- Loved it!! I was so worried when I read a lot of reviews on Amazon about it being boring, but it wasn't even remotely -- totally enthralled! I guess it depends on the kinds of books you read and what you were expecting out of it. It only got 4 stars b/c I felt it ended really abruptly -- totally didn't see that coming. Almost like she hit a word count and was like -- time for the next book. I mean, I'm gonna read the next one, no worries there, but it just jarred me. It was also kind of strange b/c there were many smaller climaxes, without one overall climax. But *that* didn't bother me as much. Worried about the end developments, b/c I am in LOVE with Merrick and Sherry! Can't wait for more!

ON REREAD: 3 stars -- OK, so this one took me quite a while to get back into. Honestly, I'm not sure if this one has been updated since it was first published (b/c Amazon just will not send me updated copies of the books, no matter how many settings I change), but I was reading the original copy and the editing was ATROCIOUS. I originally read this book when I first got my kindle and was first introduced to Indie authors, and I think I was a lot more forgiving back then. It was hard to keep in the story at times it was that bad. I sincerely hope it's been reedited and rereleased and this was just my copy, b/c it would be worth the effort to do so.

I also found Sherry harder to like this time around. I don't know if I'm just in a different place, but she (and some of the other characters at times) could be really one dimensional. Again, another instance where some editing would make a world of difference.

Despite all that, I still got sucked into this story, and I still enjoyed myself by the end. I don't know what it is, b/c like I said in my original review, this story doesn't follow the normal structure of build up to a big climax...it's a lot of little climaxes. But I enjoyed the relationships that developed between all the hidden folks, especially between Sherry and Merrick and Sherry and Jeff. I smiled a lot, and I found the world to be intriguing, even if occasionally I had moments of disbelief. I'm definitely going to be continuing on with the rest of the series, but I do feel bad that I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first time through. I guess tastes change, eh?

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Collide.

01/09 marked as: currently-reading