Melliane's Reviews > Firelight

Dec 22, 2011

Read from December 22, 2011 to January 04, 2012

Mon avis en français

My English review

As soon as I saw the cover I loved it, so I was very curious to learn a little more about this novel. I confess I’m very difficult with Paranormal Romance story for a while, therefore I was a little afraid to get into the story. But finally, it was worth it, and I’m glad for the opportunity to read this book because I really enjoyed it.

After reading the first chapter, I thought I got into one of this Paranormal Romance book where the heroes fall in love at the first sight and where the plot is left in a second plan. But what a pleasant surprise, I was wrong. Indeed, I was immediately intrigued by Lord Archer, this man everyone fears about, and who always hides his face behind a mask. We try to learn his secrets all along the story with Miranda, his young fiancé.

I’ve always been attracted by books which take place during this period. It’s, I think, often very interesting to discover a new period and mainly to see how the characters live in it. I immediately like Miranda, who is very different from other women, and who imposes her choices and will, like no one else. Strong, determined, beautiful but also tough, Miranda is a character we can only enjoy in this world where men can do everything. And when her new husband decides to hide himself from her too, she doesn’t need more to start to investigate about him. But when, in addition, Archer is charged with murders, she is decided to find the culprit to clear him despite his husband isn’t as enthusiastic as her about her implication in this entire story.

So we get into an investigation mixing conspiracy, love, betrayal and which will lead us all along the book. I confess I didn’t know who the culprit about these murders was, and I was very surprise when we learn his identity. But it’s true that finally it’s very logical too.

Kristen Callihan has succeeded her challenge to create a complex story featuring this couple like no one else, adding too some Egyptian notions, things I didn’t expect at all, and which was a pleasant surprise.

To conclude this first novel was a nice read, and I will read the sequel with curiosity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firelight.

12/22/2011 page 18