Tracy Barrall's Reviews > The Lost Daughter

The Lost Daughter by Diane Chamberlain

5862003
Dec 30, 11

Read from December 22 to 30, 2011

Well what can I say an unput downable story. CeeCee and Eve have very different lives that come crashing together at one point in time. In her forties Eve has a very big secret that will tear apart the lives of her family, will husband Jack stand by her? Will her eldest daughter Cory ever forgive her and will her youngest daughter Dru be able to understand why? The story begins when CeeCee is sixteen and very much alone in the world since the death of her mother at twelve years old. She makes a wrong choice when Tim the love of her life convinces her to help him and his brother Marty try to get their sister Andie out of prison. Not a break out but a kidnapping of the pregnant governor's wife but the trouble is she is never seen again and the two boys go underground so as not to get caught and CeeCee is left to fend for herself but Eve knows what happened and nearly thirty years later has to speak out to stop an innocent man get the death sentence. I read this in just a few days even reading for two hours one evening till after midnight and waking at six thirty am so I could finish it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Daughter.