Katie's Reviews > Forgotten Bookmarks: A Bookseller's Collection of Odd Things Lost Between the Pages

Forgotten Bookmarks by Michael Popek

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from January 22 to 23, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first received this book but it has made it's home on my coffee table so that everyone who comes over can take a look at it!! I really enjoyed the book ... the short telling of how the author started doing this and a bit of his background which was interesting but then the fun begins. A couple of my favorite finds are: the letter to Babe found in "Fun in the Bed, the convalescent's handbook" and how it was written on the hospital notepaper and the part where the person wrote surgery is just like dressmaking - a clip here and a stitch there. I laughed so hard when I read that. The tag with the name Harry J Butts on it made me giggle out loud and then the homemade fathers day tie card really made me smile. I was left thinking about all the people that the author was able to share a small bit of their lives with us ... be it sad, funny or a little of both.

I would recommend everyone have a copy of this book in their house with easy access and not stuffed into a book shelf somewhere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten Bookmarks.