Britt Griffith's Reviews > She Went All the Way

2092568
Jan 03, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit, fiction
Read from December 21, 2011 to January 02, 2012, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Publisher's Weekly was quoted on the back cover of this book as saying it was "fun." I couldn't agree more. A screenwriter and the actor she's at odds with get stranded in the Alaskan wilderness after their helicopter is chopped down. Is it any surprise that their verbal sparring eventually leads them to true love? Of course not. But Meg Cabot has a way of taking the predictable and making it, well, fun. Even though the plot line was borderline ridiculous and the ending wrapped up too neatly, Cabot does a good job of transporting readers --my opinion of exactly what a good book should do. I don't imagine I'll remember this book in a year or so, but it was enjoyable and entertaining while I read it. Plus Cabot can successfully write love scenes that don't make me litereally "LOL" like a lot of the typical romance novels do. While this certainly isn't great literature, if you're looking for a little escapism from the real world, then you'll probably like this. I give it a B--.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She Went All the Way.