Jackbird2's Reviews > Seduction of a Highland Lass

Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks

U_50x66
Dec 26, 11

Read in December, 2011

After reading this book (can't call this literature that's for sure) I couldn't help but wonder how I got here - reading bad highlander romances with even worse covers. Just a year ago fantasy series were my guilty pleasures, but apparently I had not yet hit bottom. For the past year I have subjected myself to reading the same predictable story with the exact same characters over and over again. How did I get here.....I blame two things 1. Diana Gabaldon - disguised as "historical fiction" her books served as my gateway into the cheap thrills of highlander romance. After Jamie and Claire I was desperate for my next Highlander fix...taking me into unknown and possible irredeemable territory. My satisfaction with a book seems to be no longer complete without some ridiculous scene (you know what sort of "scene I am talking about). Thing number 2. My Kindle - it has afford me to read these books in both private and public without ridicule. Gawd knows I would be horrified if my friends and the entire waiting room at the doctor’s office knew I was the sort to read Seduction of a Highland Lass. The cringe worthy covers are hidden from everyone and even I am able to forget just exactly what sort of book I am reading when not confronted with two naked people every time I open it. So while Maya Banks' book did little for me in terms of enjoyment, it shook me from my stupor - revitalizing me to seek new stories, new characters and new landscapes for 2012. Men in skirts it’s been quite a romance….but all things must come to an end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction of a Highland Lass.