Erica Chilson's Reviews > Mine to Possess

4182064
Dec 29, 11

bookshelves: digital, nook, 3-star, paranormal-romance
Read from December 21 to 27, 2011

I just don't know why, but I wasn't feeling this book. All of the elements were there. A very good back story was included but the execution was lacking. At first I thought it was the mood I was in. I usually read a few PNR books and skip to a different genre as a pallet cleanser and return again. This time I suffered through it at a very slow pace and then read the next in the series. Since I devoured the following book, I assume it wasn't my mood or growing boredom with the genre.

I loved the back story between Clay and Tally, I wish it had been expanded. I however hated the "whore-ish" propaganda. It felt as if Singh was pushing a moral issue at me. I get that they both knew from a young age that they were "his/her's" but it was 20 years apart. Let's be realistic and not push the "I'm a whore because I didn't wait" while Clay being a changeling who needs "touch" touched a LOT of ppl. Hate this fucking double standard. I get that she did this to hurt herself. I just didn't like that the underlying issue was shadowed by both of them making Tally feel shame for a past she can not change, so get over it!

I felt as if we fluctuated between banter and self hate & the banter was very cliche. It ruined it for me.

Really, I tried to love it as I do all the others in this series. Nope, couldn't do it. This installment fell flat and I was highly disappointed in a book that has a lot of promise with characters that had a lot to offer.

Great premise, poor execution that left me feeling empty.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine to Possess.