Angie's Reviews > Bloodfever

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

Dec 14, 14

bookshelves: library, adult, read-2012
Read in March, 2012

Let's start with Mac. I still didn't like her, but she's continuing to grow on me. She is changing, since she's realized that her sunny, spoiled, Southern upbringing is useless in the real world. Especially when that real world is full of creatures that are only suppose to exist in nightmares. She still rambles on about her flirty outfits, gold sandals and pink nail polish, but she needs to let that go! That is not her life anymore! Things are dangerous, and she's deep in it! Short, dark hair, and finding out you're adopted are not the end of the world! The end of the world is in the hands of an army of Fae, unless Mac can get it together and develop her powers to find a way to stop them!

V'lane! I got very excited when his name appeared in the blurb, since he was my favorite thing about the first book. How could I not love a death-by-sex Fae?! Do I trust him? No. Do I think Mac should trust him? Definitely not. But he certainly makes every scene he's in much more interesting.

Barrons...Am I suppose to like him? I don't. At all. I don't like the way he treats Mac, and he does some things in this book that made me want to punch him in the balls. He's evasive, cryptic, controlling, and just generally an asshole. I was intrigued by him in the first book, and I still am, but I just don't like him. I want to know what the heck he is! But to be fair, he does have one redeeming quality: he's very good at saving Mac's life.

Now that my brief assessment of the characters is out of the way, the plot: It seems like nothing happens for the first half of the book. There's a bit of additional information about sidhe-seers and Fae, Barrons drags Mac on more dangerous tasks, the awesome world that was built in Darkfever is expanded upon, but nothing that I felt moved the story forward. The second half definitely picks up the pace though. There's more action, and Mac starts to become a little more bad ass. She's embracing what she is, and is attempting to figure things out. We're given a few more pieces to the mysterious puzzle but none of them fit! It's frustrating! But the second half of the book is infinitely better than the first half, and it's darker, gorier, and more disturbing than the first book.

Another cliffhanger?! Luckily I have Faefever right here.

Read more of my reviews at Pinkindle Reads & Reviews.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodfever.

Quotes Angie Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“I get off on a man with strong moral fiber. The closest Barrons ever gets to fiber is walking down the cereal aisle at the grocery store.”
Karen Marie Moning, Bloodfever

Karen Marie Moning
“Hope is a critical thing. Whithout it, we are nothing. Hope shapes will. The will shapes the world.”
Karen Marie Moning, Bloodfever

dateDown_arrow    newest »

archdandy I hope you enjoy it! I liked it a lot better than the first one.

Brianna Kilcrease Love this series! So good :)