Lisa B.'s Reviews > Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

Jul 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books
Read in July, 2012

I so loved this continuing tale of Diana and Matthew. I call both books in this trilogy my “escape” books. Ms Harkness writes with such depth of character and scenic detail, that I often feel like I am in the book. When I read her stories, all sound is blocked out and time is irrelevant. Then, I look up to discover it is 2012 and I am in the Midwest, USA!

We meet many interesting characters in book #2, not the least of which is Matthew’s father, Phillipe. We also get to meet Diana’s father who had also time traveled back to Elizabethan London, but in current times is already dead. Make sense? You’ll need to read the books, as I feel like I’ve already told too much.

My dream vacation will occur when book #3 is published. I’m going to lock myself away somewhere and escape one more time within this truly delightful story. This is what story telling is all about!

I bow in gratitude to Netgalley and Penguin Group (USA) for allowing me to read this ARC in exchange for my unbiased review.

Publish date: July 10, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Night.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Dianne lol just not fair

Lisa B. Listen - I'm a nobody - if I can get advanced reader copies from netgalley - so could you!

Dianne It's to big I am getting it for my kindle.