David Silva's Reviews > The Implacable Order of Things

7199106
Dec 21, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading
I own a copy

I just received this book in the mail today as a Christmas gift and I immediately began reading. I like that the book is set in an unnamed village, making it easier for me to make it the home of my people and this the tale of my history. From the very start, the prose just flows so smoothly and it drew me in. I like books like this which are separated into small parts, since I tend to juggle books. He does a thing I am really enjoying and that is the repetition of key words within long or compound sentences, highlighting a mini theme and creating a song like movement. There is a wonderful flow..natural and varying, long and short phrases..like normal thought and discourse. Really lovely language to savor.

Based on all of the other reviews, I am sure to love this book...and will try to write more when I finish, which I think will be soon. Love the twin's connection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Implacable Order of Things.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheri (new)

Cheri What country is the author from, David?

David Silva Portugal, of course:) He was born in Alentejo, which is in South central Portugal. This book won the Jose Saremago Literary Prize in 2001 and the author is published in 12 languages.

message 3: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Wow, cool! I love hearing about Portuguese authors. The world needs more of them!

David Silva Check out the other book I got today and reviewed. I LOVE it.