Slayermel's Reviews > Rosemary's Baby

Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin

Dec 23, 11

bookshelves: american, 20th-century, fiction, made-into-film, male-authors, suspense, paranormal, horror, 2011, occult, religion, witches-wizards
Recommended for: anyone who enjoys suspense / horror
Read from December 21 to 22, 2011, read count: 1

I was actually surprised at how fast I finished this book, but I got into it and could not put it down. Having never seen any of the movies that were based off of this book helped me go in with no expectations and I have to say, I really enjoyed it.

The story is about a young couple who have had their eyes set on an old apartment building since before they got married. It's one of those really old buildings that used to have huge units where the rich lived that have been now downsized into more reasonably sized units with affordable rent. They had been advised by a family friend not to move into that particular building due to its past. The building has a bit of a reputation for having bad luck attach itself to its residence, not to mention has previously housed some notoriously bad people including some baby eating sisters and a witch/warlock who was driven out by his neighbours for claiming to have called forth Satan.

Suffice to say the story is quite interesting and deals with some interesting people in the building and the odd events that seem to take place while Rosemary is pregnant, are they just stories? Or are there still some questionable people dwelling in the building?

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good suspense / horror tale.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rosemary's Baby.

12/22/2011 page 77