K.D's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Mar 22, 12

Read from January 26 to 29, 2012

I read this book within a couple of days since it came out, but I have been struggling (okay yes and procrastinating) to write this review.

On one hand the brilliance of John Green never seizes to amaze me. In short, the book flows effortlessly. The language is superb as with most of Green's work and the characters are thoughtfully developed into a complex yet easy to relate to figures.
On the other hand, while I think Green made a rather large stride from previous pieces (An Abundance of Katherines), sadly I still had a sense of deja vu while reading the book. The case with John Green I feel is that his books are all in some form or another a reincarnation of Looking for Alaska. So his work becomes predictable.
In a way there is a sense of comfort in that, when I pick up a John Green book I know to expect; a well thought out plot, endearing characters, and beautiful language.

Usually hyped up books tend to disappoint me maybe if I didn't have my hopes up I would have liked it better.

*Oh and I hated the book Cover

01/27/2012 page 217
68.0% "I knew this was a tear jerker but still I don't want to read any further..."