♠shane's Reviews > The Tao of Pooh

The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff

I love this book. Taoism is a diffacult concept to wrap your mind around and it couldn't have been made any simpler than it has been in this book. It's got some great stories in it by itself and all of the characters make great examples of the classic personality types you bump in to in everday life. I can't count how many times i've bumped in to an Eore driving home from work or walking down the street. A must read for anyone struggling with the concept of toaism. I'd also recommend The Te Of Piglet as a continuation of the ideas represented in The Tao Of Pooh.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tao of Pooh.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

it also taught your dating a piglet and her best friend is an eeorye

♠shane hehe, Piglet turns out to be one of the most admirable characters of those books. I'm very proud to have a piglet to be my wife :).

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin I agree with your comment completely! Taoism is complex and has many lessons to teach, but I feel like this book gave me a better insight on what Taoism really is. In World History classes we learn all about different religions and philosophies, and when the textbook describes Taoism, it basically says that it was in China and it talks about nature and harmony. Hoff takes this complex thing and makes it understandable. For example: “ ’How do you get the lid off?’ … ‘ you just twist on it like this, until you can’t twist any harder’ … CRASH… ‘Slipped out of my paw’ explained Tigger. ‘He tried too hard,’”

All the lesson stated was don’t try too hard or you will fail. I can relate to this because when I have studied for quizzes and tests really hard, I fail them, but when I just read over my notes, I pass it.

Also you are so right about the personalities of the characters! Everywhere I go I see an owl or and Eeyore and even piglets. There are always the people like rabbit, over thinking things, or owls that think they know everything, or Eeyores who just don’t care.
I believe that this book sums Taoism up, quite a lot.