sofia's Reviews > Pretty Little Devils

Pretty Little Devils by Nancy Holder

Dec 22, 11

bookshelves: mystery, ya-teen, suspense
Read from December 21 to 22, 2011

This is, admittedly, one of my judged-by-a-cover books.

I was simply browsing through the books in the Dollar Tree when I came across this book. Both the title and cover seemed promising enough, so I sent out to purchase it in hopes that it was worth the dollar (YAY for dollar books!). Anywho, I had read the back of the book and noticed how remotely similar it was to Pretty Little Liars...

Was it?

Pshyeah.

Actually it was more like a mix of PLL and The Lying Game, both ironically written by the same brilliant author, Sara Shephard.

But was it a copy-cat?

No. Pretty Little Devils was published in 2006 while Pretty Little Liars was published in 2007. If anything, PLL was the copycat, but I am too stubborn to be led to that conclusion.

Now, on to the actual book:

The story is mainly focused on a group of four popular girls who call themselves the "Pretty Little Devils" :

-Sylvia
-Megan
-Carolyn
-Ellen

As one of them begins to falter in the realm of ultra-coolness, the group decides to secretly replace her.

But with whom?

Hazel Stone.

They immediately bring her into the group while shying the other away, and Hazel finally gets a glimpse of the popular realm- and how it's not all glitz and glam. Especially as she delves deeper and deeper into her popularity.

For someone is out to get them, along with their newest addition to the group.

PRETTY LITTLE DEVILS.

*Review Time!*

Alrighty folks, let's get down to business. First of all, I really enjoyed reading this book. I felt that the book was very well-written and that I felt as if I were a spectator myself amidst all the drama and suspense.

This would have been a 5 star-er, had not the ending been so... incomplete.

And it was very incomplete, indeed. (view spoiler)

Ugh.

I'm just mad because I was expecting a grand finale, something worth reading. Instead, I was merely disappointed.

Honestly though, I actually really loved this book despite its crappy, illogical ending. I don't regret reading it! If the ending had been a tad different- different in the way that it should have been- I would have definitely given it five dazzling stars.

Oh. And is there a freaking sequel?!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Little Devils.

12/21/2011 page 10