Ed's Reviews > The Perils of Morning Coffee: An Isabel Dalhousie eBook Original Story

The Perils of Morning Coffee by Alexander McCall Smith

Dec 21, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, 3-and-a-half-stars, novella, part-of-a-series, read-on-kindle, guilty-pleasure
Read from December 20 to 21, 2011

Having read the first five books in the Sunday Philosophy Club/Isabel Dalhousie series, I thought I'd squeeze in this e-book exclusive novella to get a few more quick pages read before the end of 2011. Technically, I guess this would be considered Book 7.5 in the series, but no worries of any ongoing plot spoilers as long as you are past Book 4 (The Careful Use of Compliments) when Isabel's personal/home life took a dramatic turn.

As with the rest of the series, this was a perfectly pleasant tale as Isabel is accused of being the "other woman" (you can imagine how she takes that news!). Over the course of these few dozens pages (errr... screen clicks), she uncovers what's really going on in her usual meddlesome manner. A quick literary snack!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perils of Morning Coffee.

02/17/2016 marked as: read