Terri Osburn's Reviews > The Duke Is Mine

The Duke Is Mine by Eloisa James

Dec 21, 11

Read in December, 2011

I finished this book last night and almost didn't want to put it down. When I first heard Ms. James was taking on The Princess and the Pea fairy tale, I wondered how she would pull it off. I should have known she'd do it well. I loved the heroine Olivia immediately. She's sarcastic and vulgar (for the time period) and described as "fleshy". Something to which I can relate. Unfortunately. But from the first moment Quin (our hero) sees her, he thinks she's beautiful. The attraction is instant, but the heroine is engaged to another and her sister is intended for Quin. She will not betray her twin or her fiance.

There were so many twists and turns and surprises throughout this story. None of the characters are perfect, but they are clearly perfect for each other. As they should be any well-written Romance novel. The heroine's original fiance is a unique character for a book of this nature. He is challenged mentally but by the end portrayed as a man to be respected and even envied in many ways. I have been a fan of Ms. James since her debut and will admit, this isn't the best book she's ever written. But to compare her books to one another is setting a very high standard. I highly recommend this book and suggest readers start the book early in the day as I lost a good bit of sleep racing to the end of this one.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke Is Mine.