Patsyann's Reviews > Marriage of Mercy

Marriage of Mercy by Carla    Kelly

3720570
Mar 21, 14

Read from March 15 to 21, 2014, read count: 2

This book is wrapped around (IMO) a pretty intense romance. The heroine was a strong woman who accomplished a lot - the hero was a smart-alecky person who challenged her. But they fell in love anyway and that was the best thing about the book.
I did not like the ending. Even though hero and heroine got together in the end – the last couple of chapters, depicting their separation, was hard to read. Man’s inhumanity to man is sometimes hard to read about. The heroine’s reaction to it, mirrored what my reaction was.
The human spirit prevails in this book and love conquered all, including war. In this book - no one is as they seem. Bad men appear good, good men appear bad, everybody has pre conceived notions about everyone else. It all sorts out in the end, and that made it very satisfying.

BEST USE OF: A house in Nantucket and donuts

PROLOGUE/EPILOGUE None and I missed an epilogue -

Rating System

9 - Excellent – A keeper

Heat Level

4 – Sensual lovemaking scenes with little description.

(PS - Harlequin - if you are reading this - the title and the cover DO NOT MATCH THE STORY!! There is no marriage and the cover does not show the characters !!( well maybe the cover reflects what the heroine looks like but definitely not the hero))

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marriage of Mercy.