Taschima Cullen's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Jun 14, 14

Read from April 05 to 07, 2013

The Delirium TV SHOW has been picked up again, BY HULU. TO be aired on June 20th, 2014!

Holy shit! Delirium, by Lauren Oliver, is to become a TV Show!

The Delirium, Lauren Oliver, TV Show has it's Lena!! Lena has been cast, guys!

Click here to read 86 juicy pages of Requiem, plus an exclusive short story about ALEX!!!* (DYYING INSIDE!!)

Delirium TV Show Casting: Alex and Hana have been cast... for better or worse?

description

...there is another book right?

The DELIRIUM series cannot end this way, so vague and unfinished.

description

Disappointed doesn't begin to cover how I feel.

The beginning was slow, and the ending was rushed, sooo rushed... and unclear, and incomplete, and preachy, and not at all what I was expecting. It felt short, the whole book did.

So she went back to the wilds and lived crappily ever after? Is that what I am getting?

Felt like a bridge between books, nothing was really solved, and we were left with more questions than answers. While Pandemonium was a revelation, Requiem was the book that fell short. Guess it was too much to hope Requiem would be just as good. We get NO answers. At the end it's like nothing is resolved, not even the love triangle (that no one believed in the first place anyways).

I was already suspecting this was going to happen, when I reached the middle of the book (and a little after) and nothing significant had yet happened. We got a confrontation in the romance department (ONE! And not even after they meet face to face for the first time, woah was I pissed!), true, but other than that? Nada!!

This book was definitely dissapointing. We still get beautiful writing, and it was GREAT to get to see the characters we love again, but it felt like a bridge book. No resolution, no ENDING. Just, all left in the air...

description

The rest of this review shall be full of spoilers, so read if you must, I have a lot of talking to do about specific parts that pissed.me.off.

Old updates:

*Now in order to read the Alex short story you would have to buy a first edition copy of Requiem. Like we weren't doing that anyways!

Edit 9/20/12

description

Am I the only one who is completely jealous and wants to scream at the top of her lungs to the gods because some people have already read this book and not me? AM I THE ONLY ONE?

I can't possibly be!

I know burning books is bad, but if Lena doesn't end up with Alex there will be blood. Julian was a good distraction, and hell he was so cute all around, but Alex pulls at my heart strings. Gosh that ending [Pandemonium] was awesome, the whole book was written perfectly. Lauren Oliver is very very talented. You got a fan in me.

ADD 6/30/2012:

HOLY CRAP! There is a cover, there's a cover, there's a cover!!!

I looove the photo quality, and the color, and the flowers, and EVERYTHING!! I'm just a fan that is full of love for this beautiful cover of one of my favorite series EVER.
260 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.

04/05/2013 page 179
45.0% "I am hoping, this will start to pick up soon. Like, real soon. I hate reading endings, they always make me sad." 2 comments
04/05/2013 page 185
47.0% "F-ing Coral, I hate her."
04/06/2013 page 259
66.0% "Ooookay..."
04/07/2013 page 391
100.0% "This sucked monkey balls. Disappointed, so disappointed." 2 comments

message 1: by Arushi (last edited May 22, 2012 06:32PM) (new) - added it

Arushi Lauren Oliver is a goddess. Can I trust you to burn my book too then? If they don't end up together, I'll go batshit and start living on the streets.

Every time I think about Julian, I see Julian Schratter in my mind. Dead.

WOWZA INNIT?

Taschima Cullen Holy shit, I could never stop touching him... everywhere. Blow school off, and work... Oh Julian... who do you picture as Alex?

And True that! She IS a goddess! If you send it along I will do my best burning ever. The best one since people liked to get together and burn the bible.

message 3: by Julianna (new) - added it

Julianna Helms Ta§chima wrote: "Holy shit, I could never stop touching him... everywhere. Blow school off, and work... Oh Julian... who do you picture as Alex?

And True that! She IS a goddess! If you send it along I will do my b..."

Haha, since Julian is Julian, Alex should be Alex! ;)

message 4: by Arushi (new) - added it

Arushi I'd never let him out of my sight. I'll just...keep staring at him. Haha, Alex Pettyfer for Alex? I can't quite picture him as that. What about you T?

I hope we don't get to that point! I hope they marry and have like sixty five babies so we can all breathe and go to sleep at last.

Taschima Cullen Arushi wrote: "I'd never let him out of my sight. I'll just...keep staring at him. Haha, Alex Pettyfer for Alex? I can't quite picture him as that. What about you T?

I hope we don't get to that point! I hope th..."

HA! I actually can't imagine him as Alex Pettyfer, too pretty and blonde.

While looking for an Alex I found this picture:

Wowsa, I will let him be my Alex any day of the week.

message 6: by Julianna (new) - added it

Julianna Helms Ta§chima wrote: "Arushi wrote: "I'd never let him out of my sight. I'll just...keep staring at him. Haha, Alex Pettyfer for Alex? I can't quite picture him as that. What about you T?

I hope we don't get to that p..."

HECK YEAH.

message 7: by Arushi (new) - added it

Arushi Holy motherf- who is that and why am I learning about his existence only now?

NAME PLZ
AGE PLZ
PACKAGE SIZE PLZ

He is SO Alex!

Taschima Cullen Arushi wrote: "Holy motherf- who is that and why am I learning about his existence only now?

NAME PLZ
AGE PLZ
PACKAGE SIZE PLZ

He is SO Alex!"

Yeah right?! I wish I had a name, I wish... and age? Don't matter! (unless he is underage but let's be honest he don't look it).

He is hot though, hot hot hot.

message 9: by Arushi (last edited May 24, 2012 06:10PM) (new) - added it

Arushi It's probably a good thing that he's untitled because I know I wouldn't stop stalking him otherwise. Ugh, why is the picture so tiny? I need me some closer inspection dammit.

Hot times infinity. You could light a cigarette with that body, that's for sure..

OMFG LOOK WHAT I FOUND. HE. HE COULD. WUT. I think he could be an Alex.

Taschima Cullen I think he looks too "I'm sexy and I know it", but on a second, and third look, I can so see the hotness.

I like my guy better still, but we all have our Alex don't we?

message 11: by Arushi (new) - added it

Arushi LOL that look works just fine for him though doesn't it?I like your guy better too yo! I was just scrolling through my 'yum' folder looking for Alex. I don't see the point any more. Nameless hottie is so going to win this shit.

message 12: by Julianna (new) - added it

Julianna Helms Found a name for nameless hottie. ;)

(P.S. THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY! OHMYGOSH!)

Taschima Cullen Julianna wrote: "Found a name for nameless hottie. ;)

(P.S. THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY! OHMYGOSH!)"

OHMYGOSH you are my hero!!! Who wants to take a trip to Romania? Apparently they know how to make them! Oh Daniel... I love that name.

message 14: by Julianna (new) - added it

Julianna Helms Ta§chima wrote: "Julianna wrote: "Found a name for nameless hottie. ;)

(P.S. THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY! OHMYGOSH!)"

OHMYGOSH you are my hero!!! Who w..."

:D

>:D YEAH ROMANIA!!!

message 15: by Arushi (new) - added it

Arushi *packs bags for Romania*

HURRY UP GUYS. WE DON'T WANNA BE LATE.

Julianna: I love you. I love everything about you. Life would be so meaningless without your presence. How did you find him though? I looked and looked and looked and looked. And looked. And looked. My stalking grade = F

message 16: by Julianna (new) - added it

Julianna Helms Arushi wrote: "*packs bags for Romania*

HURRY UP GUYS. WE DON'T WANNA BE LATE.

Hahahahhaha why thank you. ;) <3 *bows*

I saved the image onto my computer then did a search by image thingy. :)

Taschima Cullen Uuuh how can I do that O.o *packing as we speak*

message 19: by Arushi (new) - added it

Arushi I still have no idea how to find it using the image thingy but I need to tell you guys that every single picture of him that I could find online is now on my computer *sigh*

I take obsession to a whole new level.

message 20: by Julianna (new) - added it

Julianna Helms Arushi wrote: "I still have no idea how to find it using the image thingy but I need to tell you guys that every single picture of him that I could find online is now on my computer *sigh*

I take obsession to a ..."

I blame you for NOTHING.

Taschima Cullen There's a cover guys!!!

message 22: by Arushi (new) - added it

Arushi *dies*

Who is that girl on the cover? Who could it be OMFG

Taschima Cullen I think it's the same girl o.o

Lis  (The reader lines) Ta§chima wrote: "Arushi wrote: "I'd never let him out of my sight. I'll just...keep staring at him. Haha, Alex Pettyfer for Alex? I can't quite picture him as that. What about you T?

I hope we don't get to that p..."

Oh my Godness!!!! thanks for this pic!!
I love him, he's so perfect!!!
Thank you!!! <3

Helena omg at the end of the first book i was like omg i am going to burn it but for some reason my friend wouldn't let me her book and i don't know why. she does prefer juilian though i am so in love with alex can't wait tell i can read about him again

message 26: by Rithi (new) - added it

Rithi I was dyinng by the time I read the last page! Lena and Alex must be together!!!!

Krystie Park I HATE that Oliver threw another boy into the mix. The whole love triangle thing is always so over done. Alex was so Perfect. It'll be incredibly unfair to him (and all us readers who dream about him) if Lena ends up with Julian. Oliver wrote on her blog 'sometimes you don't end up with the first person you fall in love with.' She better be just trying to trick us!!! Book burning for sure if Alex and Lena don't end up together. It'll be as bad as Katniss ending up with Peeta.....

Taschima Cullen Krystie wrote: "I HATE that Oliver threw another boy into the mix. The whole love triangle thing is always so over done. Alex was so Perfect. It'll be incredibly unfair to him (and all us readers who dream about h..."

Oh well, I am all for Katniss ending up with Peeta, he is such a sweet heart, but Lena better end up with Alex. Anything else is bird poop. Sure Julian was a great distraction, but let's be honest he was just that, a great re bound guy.

message 29: by Liz (last edited Jan 20, 2013 12:08PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz Perez Nevermind. I read it now. But the ending made me not able to wait for the next book.

Taschima Cullen Not to be mean or anything, but then why are you going through the reviews of the third? :/ And also you HAVE to get on that girl! It was so good :D

message 31: by Shuma (new)

Shuma I Know Julian Is Nothing Like Alex

Taschima Cullen News update on the Delirium movie TV show!

message 33: by Simone (new)

Simone Haha That's Funny!!

Taschima Cullen Lena has been cast! And the one to play Lena is... :D

message 35: by Liz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz Perez I just read the preview! And um lets just say it made me change my mind about one or more character(s). And in case anyone wants to read it to, I read it at Epic Reads.

Taschima Cullen Liz wrote: "I just read the preview! And um lets just say it made me change my mind about one or more character(s). And in case anyone wants to read it to, I read it at Epic Reads."

BTW Thank you for the link!!! Loved the sneak peak :D

message 38: by Liz (last edited Feb 11, 2013 06:39PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz Perez Your welcome. It's no problem really, I just thought that since I got to read it why not everyone else, you know? (view spoiler) I also can't wait for the book. Wish I had an ARC.

Taschima Cullen (view spoiler)

message 40: by Liz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz Perez (view spoiler)

Taschima Cullen Liz wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

Taschima Cullen 100 likes!!! Thank you guys! That's pretty freaking awesome :D

Jessica That gif still kills me every time I see it. Haha.

Taschima Cullen I love it lol I want to get more gifs like it.

Sabrina What's the exclusive short story of Alex about???!!

Taschima Cullen I swear to god it was at the end of that preview... Hmm... I'll investigate where it ended up :/

Taschima Cullen Ah, I get it. They must have uploded it as a miatake with the Requiem preview, or thought better of it since they took it down and are promoting Requiem with this as well:

"Bonus: Read an exclusive short story about Alex, Lena's first love—only in the first hardcover printing."

So I guess you will have to pre-order a copy of the first edition to read the story. *le sigh*

Kathy I can still get the short about Alex on my nook version right??

Taschima Cullen Kathy wrote: "I can still get the short about Alex on my nook version right??"

I would think so? I bet they'll post it online again after the book is published anyways. You would have to contact either Harper or Lauren Oliver to know for sure though, I am only speculating.

Kathy Ok, well I hope so, I really want it.

I agree with you too, about Lena ending up with Alex. I was on the fence about it but when I read what you said I can't help but agree with you. LOL :)

« previous 1