Samantha's Reviews > On the Bright Side

Feb 29, 12

liked it
Read from February 19 to 24, 2012

Review:
I was really interested in Gabby's story. It was an new take on a haunting ghost story. On the Bright Side is a MG book and it wasn't really up my alley, but S.R. Johannes wrote it in such a way that it was.

Cover:
The cover was so cute and fun! It ft the story perfectly and what Gabby was like perfectly! Well.. Minus her white fat pants her mom buries her in! :) Plus, I want those shoes.

Plot/Writing:
The story was okay.. I found myself wanting the book to end, it seemed like it just went on and on.. I really did like it... It was just a little young for my taste. The writing was really good. She described everything and I could visualize everything that was going on.

Characters:
I loved Gabby. She was a ball full of sarcastic energy.. She reminded me of myself.. A lot actually. She is quirky and maybe just a little bitter. But I mean, who wouldn't be when they were just killed? Gabby just can't seem to stay outta trouble.. She always knows the right buttons to push with her Sky Agent! :)

All the other characters are perfect for the story! They all have great motivations and they are fully developed. Each and every one of them had different personalities that made them unique and made me want to read about them. I even used Angela as an example for a paper in English class!

All in All:
This book was okay, if you want an easy read then definitely pick this one up! It's a quick easy read and you should like it! :) 3 out of 5 tacos!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Bright Side.

02/19/2012 page 58