Heidi's Reviews > My Sparkling Misfortune

My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond

Jan 13, 12

bookshelves: children-humor, ya-fantasy, adult-fiction
Read from December 21 to 22, 2011

I'll state up front that I loved this book. It was delightfully humorous and entertaining. One of the most entertaining books I've read recently. Lord Arkus's determination to be a villain despite distinctly hero-like tendencies provides a funny plot point, especially with Kellemar as a foil. Kellemar is determined to be a hero, but he behaves in villain-like ways. The addition of the sparkling (Arkus was trying to catch a gormack) adds more humor as Jarvi (as Arkus names the sparkling), 'helps' Arkus in ways that Arkus does not desire. One of my favorite parts was where Arkus is trying to kidnap the local princess in order to obtain funds to return to his castle and get revenge on Kellemar, but he ends up rescuing her instead. I highly recommend this book and the sequel, My Royal Pain Quest, which I of course had to read because of the way the first book ends. The sequel is just as delightful and entertaining. Both books provide a relaxing and fun way to spend one's time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sparkling Misfortune.